If you're seeing this text instead of the web site you were expecting, the owner of this web site has just installed Plone. Do not contact the Plone Team or the Plone support channels about this.
Before you start exploring your newly created Plone site, please do the following:
- Make sure you are logged in as an admin/manager user. You should have a Site Setup entry in the user menu.
- Set up your mail server. Plone needs a valid SMTP server to verify users and send out password reminders.
- Decide what security level you want on your site. Allow self registration, password policies, and more.
After that, we suggest you do one or more of the following:
- Get the latest news about Plone.
- Read the documentation.
- Follow a training.
- Explore the available add-ons for Plone.
- Read or subscribe to the support channels.
Make it your own
Plone has many settings to make it do what you want. Some examples include:
- Create content-types and define their default-layout in the content types controlpanel
- Manage Users, Groups and their Roles in the users and groups controlpanels
- ...and many more settings are available in the Site Setup.
About Plone and Volto
Plone is a content management system built on Python, with its first release in 2001. Plone has features that appeal to developers and users alike, such as customizable content types, hierarchical URL object traversing, and a sophisticated content workflow powered by a granular permissions model. This allows you to build anything from simple websites to enterprise-grade intranets.
Support the Plone Foundation
Plone is made possible only through the efforts of thousands of dedicated individuals and hundreds of companies. The Plone Foundation:
- ...protects and promotes Plone.
- ...is a recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- ...receives donations that may be tax-deductible.
- Support the Foundation and help make Plone better!
Thanks for using our product. We hope you like it!
– The Plone Team